|<< 8 API Reference||< 9.6 Version 4.0.2 April 5, 2011||Up: 9 Release Notes||9.8 Version 4.0.0 December 22, 2010 >||10 Index >>|
9.7 Version 4.0.1 March 29, 2011
9.7.1 Bug Fixes
- Renamed implicit Top Level SubProgram to an illegal name. Previously used "_toplevel_", which became a legal name for euphoria 4.0
- ticket:577 object() works same on translator as the interpreter.
- euc now uses quotes around filenames when processing resource files
- ticket:575 OW installer file setenv-ow.bat functionality restored from 4.0.0RC2.
- case issues were removed from pathinfo(), canonical_path(), and abbreviate_path() these functions now return raw OS output; it is up to the user to change case when necessary
- ticket:593 Atoms represented as doubles, but that hold the double representation of a euphoria integer, now hash as though they were actually represented as an integer. This ensures that two objects that evaluate as equal() will have the same hash value.
- ticket:597 Invalid negative routine ids were not detected properly by the interpreter, leading to a machine crash.
- Now EUPHORIA can be installed under the Windows' 'Program Files' (with spaces) and the translated code will be compiled.
- Fixed Demos to not rely on EUDIR being set and to not issue warnings
- Improved confirmation in the algorithm that determines where EUPHORIA is.
- ticket:601 Missing htmldoc added to Makefile
- ticket:604 Uninstaller now completely cleans up after the installer. Note %EUBIN%\bin\eu.cfg is left in place if modified.
- Fixed link to PDF documentation
- Added HTML documentation
- ticket:610 Euphoria Installer that includes Watcom will now prevent the user from installing Euphoria under a directory with spaces. Watcom itself has a lot of problems when spaces are in its path
- ticket:614 maybe_any_key() was not pausing when a Console Program was run from Windows Explorer.
- ticket:591 updated copyright and version and added documentation reminding us all of the places we need to change that information.
- ticket:607 Fixed translation of integers with decimals (e.g., 2.0) when assigned to constants
- ticket:598 Link windows binaries to comdlg32.dll to make sure GUI calls work with the new manifest.
- ticket:590 Fixed outdated or incorrect documentation on loop statements
- ticket:594 Fixed problem with not being able to link to resource file in a location with spaces.
- ticket:615 Fixed abbreviate_path for Windows
- ticket:595 When it is necessary, tell user to change directory before using the make program.
- ticket:592 eu.cfg files in the program's directory and the euphoria executable directories are searched before platform specific directories
- ticket:609 Scientific notation not handling a decimal of all zeroes correctly.
- ticket:621 Add -eudir <dir> handler to binder and shrouder
- ticket:617 Fix top level case values when referencing an unqualified constant in another file
- ticket:620 Added comdlg32.dll to mingw linking flags
- ticket:625 Negative subscripts result in runtime errors.
- Fixed eu.cfg handling precedence and parameter merge / de-dupe algorithm to keep correct order of switches.
- Load eu.cfg arguments when running programs with no arguments, e.g., "eui app.ex"
- ticket:619 GNU makefile "all" target builds all binaries now
- ticket:632 fix trace screen prompts to prompt to continue
- ticket:633 On Windows, dir was incorrectly case sensitive if wildcards were used.
- ticket:624 Fixed regex function is_match to use the from parameter
- ticket:596 Worked around GNU C problem of a lack of alias attribute support on some Mac OS X machines.
- ticket:636 Source files checked out from Mercurial (and thus distributed packages) will use the conventions of the OS for line breaks.
- ticket:639 In place RHS slice (on sequence with reference count 1), followed by in place splice (on sequence still with reference count 1) works correctly
- ticket:640 Fix dir when a file cannot be stat()ed
- ticket:641 Use dir instead of just calling raw machine_func in canonical_path and abbreviate_path
- Added parsing of two digit years to std/datetime.e parse.
- ticket:516 added join_path and split_path routines.
- current_dir() now always returns an upper case letter for the drive id.
- canonical_path() can now leave the case alone, lower the case, correct the case, and even get short file names for programs that still cannot handle quoted arguments at the command line.