|<< 8 API Reference||< 9.33 Version 2.2 Linux November 22, 1999||Up: 9 Release Notes||9.35 Version 2.2 Alpha Linux August 24, 1999 >||10 Index >>|
9.34 Version 2.2 Beta Linux October 22, 1999
Most of these features and bug fixes will also be made available in Version 2.2 for WIN32 + DOS32.
- platform() has been moved from misc.e into exu to eliminate the function call overhead. platform() now takes zero time to compute. The compiler simply plugs in the appropriate constant value.
- lock_file() and unlock_file() have been added to allow multiple processes to share access to files. This can be important in CGI programming and other areas.
- flush() will force the contents of the memory buffer out to a file or device.
- chdir() will change to a new current directory and let you know if it was successful.
- sleep() will suspend execution of your program for a number of seconds, and let the operating system schedule another process.
- put_screen_char() will write a character and its attributes (colors etc.) to the screen.
- get_screen_char() will read a character and its attributes from the screen.
- save_text_image() now works on Linux (as well as DOS32). It copies a rectangular text image from the screen.
- display_text_image() now works under Linux (as well as DOS32). It writes a rectangular text image to the screen.
- The "short-circuit" warning now gives the filename and line number of the possibly short-circuited call. Minor clarifications were made in some other error messages as well.
- Minor improvements were made to ed and search.
- A portability problem in how2reg.ex was fixed.
- exu is compressed better. It's actually a bit smaller now, although functionality has been added to it.